A blog to share all things craft-y....crafts, home decor, sewing, party decor, diy projects, garden ideas, and various other adventures in creativity. We're glad you stopped by!

Saturday, June 1, 2013

My First Quilt

For my son's first birthday I wanted to make something really special for him. I decided to go with a baby blanket and followed Andrea's Basic Straight Line Baby Quilt Tutorial over at Knitty Bitties.

Her tutorial is very easy to follow and the cheater binding method she uses is pure genius. This blanket is the biggest sewing project I've completed to date and I was so excited about how well it turned out.






I spent weeks going to fabric stores and picking out just the right combination of fabrics for the quilt. So glad I did too. Next up a pirate themed quilt for my older son!

1 comment:

  1. I love it!! Thanks so much for sharing it with me!! I'll let you know about pattern testing as soon as I get the pattern finalized! XOXO

    ReplyDelete