A blog to share all things craft-y....crafts, home decor, sewing, party decor, diy projects, garden ideas, and various other adventures in creativity. We're glad you stopped by!

Monday, April 15, 2013

Baby Bib

Remember when I told you once upon a time, my mother is the real talent behind this craft blog?

No?

Well, she is. She can sew anything...and she sews it well. She was actually taught how to sew correctly by a legitimate home ec teacher (very much unlike my self-taught methods via blog tutorials and you tube videos). When she watches me pin fabrics together I watch her cringe watching me and I know what's coming next....

"Mrs. Carrington would be rolling over in her grave if she knew I was letting you pin that way."

Yes, yes she would.

But, hey. I do the best I can and I'm getting better.

Moving on....

So today's project is courtesy of my talented seamstress of a mother. Granted, this is a very easy, beginner level project as sewing goes, but it's still much better than what I can crank out at this point!

She followed the tutorial over at Sew She Sews. You can visit the tutorial here http://sewshesews.wordpress.com/2010/04/08/quilted-patchwork-bib-pattern-and-tutorial/. Her instructions and the photos to go with make this a very easy to tutorial to follow if you're just learning...like me. :-)

Mom made one of these for St. Patrick's Day and most recently, Easter. My beautiful second son was kind enough to model the Easter bib for us.



 
Between the jellybeans and blue chevron is a tiny strip of yellow ribbon.
 
My son's first birthday is at the end of May. I'm thinking I'll need to commission Grami for a birthday bib as well. ;-)
 
Linking up here this week.  


1 comment:

  1. What a cute bib. A job well done! http://craftwithcartwright.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete