A blog to share all things craft-y....crafts, home decor, sewing, party decor, diy projects, garden ideas, and various other adventures in creativity. We're glad you stopped by!

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Independence Day Thank You, Flavored Popcorn in a Mason Jar

Here's a quick Independence Day idea for you. Last summer I made these flavored popcorn filled mason jars as a thank you for all the veterans on our block and in our family. My three year old helped make the popcorn (I just googled for flavored popcorn recipes) and then he helped deliver them with me.

The veterans LOVED it! I think it is so important to not only feel thankful for their sacrifices, but to intentionally go out of your way to show them appreciation. This is just one quick and inexpensive way to do that.

In post editing of the photos the popcorn turned out with a greenish hue, but it was in fact blue colored popcorn. We used jello packages for the flavoring and color.

Land of the Free Because of the Brave

I designed the tags in Silhouette studio.


What are you doing this year to thank our current military and our veterans? Remember...freedom isn't free!

No comments:

Post a Comment