A blog to share all things craft-y....crafts, home decor, sewing, party decor, diy projects, garden ideas, and various other adventures in creativity. We're glad you stopped by!

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Great Blogger/Blog Designing Tutorials

This post doesn't have much to do with crafting, unless of course you have a craft blog like me. ;-)

I'm working on changing up my basic layout and adding some content, like the navigation bar links at the top. The links are images (called buttons in web design speak) I designed in Picnick via Picasa (a free photo editing software online). I teach a very basic web page design class to high school students so I do have a smidge of knowledge about HTML coding. It's not enough to navigate through editing the massive Blogger templates though.

I've noticed that many of the blogs I follow are already way ahead of the curve with this, but maybe there's someone else out there besides me who could benefit from some basic blog design tutorials. I happened upon the most awesome, helpful site of blog designing tips completely by accident and I want to share it with you.

The gal who put this together is kind enough to share all of her coding and instructions on how to tweak it for yourself. The blog hasn't been posted on since late July of 2010, but she left it in tact so that others could still be helped. I'm so glad she did!

You can find the site by clicking here.

Happy designing!

1 comment: