A blog to share all things craft-y....crafts, home decor, sewing, party decor, diy projects, garden ideas, and various other adventures in creativity. We're glad you stopped by!

Friday, October 18, 2013

Fall Pumpkin Give Thanks Wood Art

Autumn is here. Deep, rich reds, browns, and oranges are here, along with steaming cups of cappuccino, warm sweaters, and quilts to snuggle under.

Fall inspired the project I'm going to share with you today. Probably my favorite part of this project is that I didn't have to visit a craft store to make it. For maybe the first time in my crafting career I just made do with what I had on hand! Fortunately, it doesn't require much in the way of materials. 

I used a scrap piece of wood, kid paint, nails, embroidery thread, and my silhouette to cut the banner pieces. 


 
A few weeks ago I made another like it and used scissors to cut the banner pieces and wrote on them with crayon. Again, using what I had, because my Silhouette was boxed up and I didn't feel like dragging it all out. 


Fun, right? And so easy! 

Hope you're enjoying Fall so far and staying warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment