A blog to share all things craft-y....crafts, home decor, sewing, party decor, diy projects, garden ideas, and various other adventures in creativity. We're glad you stopped by!

Thursday, December 8, 2011

A Frame for My Christmas Cards

Hello Followers! I'm back to the living!

Well, technically I never left the living....but I was very sick and just barely surviving the work day before coming home to crash in bed, then get up the next morning and repeat the process all over again. There was absolutely zero energy for crafting or blogging or anything else fun!

Being pregnant does that to this girl.

That's right. My little family of three is expected to expand to four in early June and we are ecstatic about it.

I'm finally out of the torturous first trimester and am getting some energy back and thanks to the miracle of Zofran not so nauseous all the time.

So, now that I'm feeling better I decided to pull out some random supplies to make a frame for holding the many Christmas cards I'm anticipating receiving this Christmas season.



I pulled it all together in about 30 minutes using an antique store frame, leftover paint used for the trim in our house, acrylic paint and glaze, and clearanced ribbon. Cheap this project definitely was!

The frame is 23"x35" and I purchased it for $1.00 at an antique store in a nearby town. I painted it white using leftover paint from when we painted the trim in our house last spring. Next, I taped the ribbons to the back and got them laid out the way I wanted. After confirming I liked the lay out of the ribbons I hot glued the ends to the back of the frame.

Then, after putting it on the wall and deciding I hated the crisp white frame with the goldish-brownish ribbons I took it back down and glazed over the white with a mixture of equal parts FolkArt Coffee Brown acrylic paint and Americana Staining Antiquing Medium. I painted it on and then wiped it back with a rag according to the instructions on the stain bottle.


I L-O-V-E the result. The glaze was definitely a good call.

So, how about you? What creative ways do you display your Christmas cards?

I hope the Christmas season isn't making you too crazy and that you all aren't putting too much pressure on yourselves with all the homemade goodness I'm sure you're whipping up. And, I speak for myself too when I say that! :-)

Linking up to these great parties!

No comments:

Post a Comment