A blog to share all things craft-y....crafts, home decor, sewing, party decor, diy projects, garden ideas, and various other adventures in creativity. We're glad you stopped by!

Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Rest of the Bridal Shower Decor

Happy September fellow crafters! I cannot believe September is upon us. Soon I'll be diving into fall decorating. I'm two weeks into school and it's taking me a bit figuring out the balance between my school duties, home duties, and finding time to craft blog. My apologies up front if the posting is a little sporadic!

I'm combining the rest of the bridal shower decor I used for my soon to be sister in law into this one post. I've shared before about banners, guestbooks, and towel cakes, so I'd hate to bore with you with three separate posts on the same things!

I thought this bridal shower round they turned out even better than before.

First up....the banner.

I used muslin for the stenciled letters and then glued a dark teal fabric behind the muslin. I put my Silhouette to good use creating the stencils to trace on to the fabric and then hand cut each letter. I topped off the banner with a satin lime green ribbon. It definitely looks more amazing in person. Lime green can come off kind of weird on different monitor resolutions.


Here are some close up shots of the process and the individual pieces.


The muslin I cut at 5"x7".

The teal fabric I cut smaller at 5"x6".


Traced the stencils on backwards on the back side of the muslin.

There's the letter all pretty and cut, no black ink.

I sprayed the back side of the muslin with elmer's craft bond glue,
and then (very carefully) placed the teal fabric on the muslin.

I used a vintage pearl button in the center of the teal rosette.

Second up....guestbook.



The rings and Guestbook are scrapbook stickers.

I purchased the book of plain white pages at Hobby Lobby in the scrapbook album section for $3.00 during a half off sale. The last guestbook I made myself. Purchasing a plain book and decorating it is WAY easier.

Third, and finally....the towel cake. This was my FAVORITE piece at the shower. The white towels just looked so good with the dark teal and lime green accents. And, I got to use a vintage clip on earring which I've been wanting to incorporate into a project for a while now.

I clipped a vintage pearl earring on the black rosette.
It is by far the coolest element of the whole thing.

I'll be linking up to these great parties this week. Go check 'em out. Plenty of great ideas out there to see!

3 comments:

  1. That's really beautiful--nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job! i love it! I would love it if you would share this and/or any other projects you have been up to at Tuesday Talent Show at Chef In Training!
    -Nikki
    http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. So darling!! I love the vintage earrings on the flower- beautiful! Thank you so much for linking up to Strut Your Stuff Saturday! We would love to have you come link up again tomorrow!
    Camille @
    SixSistersStuff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete